Mount View Elementary School uniform colors are white, khaki, and navy blue. Uniforms are usually more available for purchase during summer months. You might even find them on sale! Make sure you start looking soon so you can be ready for the first day of school.
In February 2012, Mount View Elementary School parent’s adopted a uniform dress code policy. Research has shown that wearing uniforms can significantly improve both attitudes and behavior. Having students wear a school uniform will stop brand name competition and focus less on attire. We want our students to have pride in themselves, their academics, their school, and their community. Not only do our uniforms look sharp, our students are dressed to achieve.
Remember! All students at Mount View are required to wear their uniforms Monday through Friday from 9:05 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. Only the articles listed can be worn as the Mount View Uniform. Clothing may not be tight, oversized, or revealing. Clothing must be neat in appearance and worn appropriately. Coats are not allowed to be worn in the building during school hours.
If students are not in uniform compliance, students will be required to call home. Parent/guardian is expected to bring the appropriate clothing to school before students will be allowed to enter classroom. If parent/guardian contact cannot be made, students will be held accountable and required to change into loaner clothing between 8:45 to 9:10 a.m. A Non Compliance form will be sent home with student, parent signature will be required and form will be returned the following day.
Acceptable/Allowed Clothing & Accessories
Shirts – Colors: Khaki, White, or Navy Blue
- Only short or long sleeved collared shirts, blouses or Polo’s.
- All shirts may be no shorter than waist length, or longer than back pocket.
- Mount View T-Shirts (Fridays only).
Sweaters/ Sweatshirts – Colors: White, or Navy Blue
- Cardigan sweaters, sweater vests, and zippered sweaters.
- Crewneck sweatshirt and Mount View sweatshirt (order forms will be available in school office).
Pants, Shorts, Capri’s – Colors: Khaki, or Solid Navy Blue
- Pants are to be worn at the waist; pants must be the correct size, no sagging, not form-fitting and no more than one size larger at waist.
- Cargo Pants with no more than six pockets.
- Pants must be hemmed, no frayed or torn items.
- Uniform shorts only.
Skirts, Jumpers – Colors: Navy Blue, or Khaki
- Length – Must be at knee length or longer.
- Skirts must be worn at the waist.
- They must be hemmed, no frayed or torn items.
Belts – Solid color, Navy Blue, or Khaki
- It must be worn through the belt loops, and may not hang down.
- Athletic shoes, tennis shoes, or any leather type shoes only.
- Socks must be worn at all times.
Socks, Leggings, Tights – Navy Blue, or White
- Athletic, dress, or knee socks must be solid colors.
- Leggings must be solid colors.
- Tights must be solid colors.
- Exceptions will be made for religious reasons.
Winter Jackets and Coats
- There will be NO limitations on jackets, or coats to be worn to school.
Unacceptable Clothing & Accessories:
- No denim! Of any color or denim looking material.
- No tight, “low cut”, transparent or revealing clothing.
- No clothing that reveals bare torso or undergarments when student bends over or raises arms.
- No oversized, baggy sagging clothes.
- No pants dragging on floor or overly bunched around ankles.
- No pants, sweatpants, or shorts of athletic material.
- No logos, writing adornments, accessories, stripes, or decorative stitching on clothing.
- No pants or skirts worn lower than the waist.
- No mini-skirts
- No stretch/leggings (unless worn underneath a skirt), overalls, sweatpants, stirrup, spandex, nylon workout pants, or flannel pants.
- Shirts are not to be worn inside-out.
- No hats, bandanas, sweatbands, caps, scarves, or doo rags.
- No hats, gloves, scarves, or coats are to be worn in the classroom, or building during the school day.
- No logos, printing, or insignias on belts, or belt buckles.
- No spikes, chain loops, or hanging wallet chain.
- No open toed shoes, flip flops, soccer sandals, slippers, house shoes, high heels, or Heelys (skate shoes).