Students LOVE it. Parents LOVE it. Teachers LOVE it.
We are thrilled to offer the dual language program at our school. We currently offer Spanish dual language in grades K-5.
Fifth-grade students enrolled in dual language at Mount View will be automatically enrolled in the dual language program at Cascade Middle School in sixth grade. Dual language is also available in high school at Evergreen High School.
The goals of the dual language program are to help students:
- Become bilingual and biliterate, developing high levels of proficiency in two languages.
- Perform at or above grade level in academic areas in both languages.
- Demonstrate positive cross-cultural attitudes and behaviors.
Mount View is also a partner to our Vietnamese dual language school, White Center Heights Elementary.
How to Enroll in the Dual Language Partner School
If you live in the service area of a partner school and want to participate in the dual language program, follow these steps:
- Complete the online enrollment process.
- Submit this Vietnamese Dual Language Request Form form.
- You will be placed on a waitlist.
- If space is available, your dual language partner school will contact you.
- Transportation to the dual language school will be provided.
If you have additional questions, please contact your child’s school or the Language Learning Department at 206-631-3035.
There are three ways to enroll in an elementary dual language school. The process will vary depending on your neighborhood school.
Each dual language school is also paired with a partner school that allows families to opt in or out of the dual language program.
Visit our enrollment page to learn more.